I just put down a deposit on a Tesla Model 3.
Sounds more exciting than it is. The Model 3 won’t be out for about 2 years, and details won’t be released until tonight. If I change my mind, I can get a full refund.
My plan is to wait and see what develops. If the Chevy Bolt (coming out this fall) looks good enough, I may opt for that. If the Model 3 looks a lot better, it may be worth waiting for. Main considerations are access to the nationwide charging network and AutoPilot. If the Model 3 doesn’t offer both of these, it probably wouldn’t be worth the wait.
We’ll see!